Postpartum doulas help the parents of new infants adjust and grow into a new phase in their family’s life. We provide insight and support regarding the physical and psychological nuances of the postpartum period, offer an extra set of hands to help you adjust to a demanding new schedule, and give hands-on, infant- and mama-care training.
Here are more examples of all the different kinds of help a postpartum doula can provide:
- Breastfeeding help
- Help understanding babe cues
- Diapering and baby care
- Help with older children
- Light housekeeping assistance
- Meal preparation
- Running Errands
- Resources and referrals
- Non-judgmental family support
- Screening for postpartum mood disorders
- Infant sleep solutions
- Care for baby when parents want to shower, nap, or spend some special time with older child(ren)
- Hands-on education for infant and mama care
- Babywearing assistance
- Caring for mama as she recovers from birth
- Processing the birth experience
- Soothing Baby and education on infant soothing techniques
This list is by no means exhaustive! All our doulas have unique backgrounds, talents and areas of expertise that they’re excited to offer to your family.
Rates and Packages
All clients must purchase a minimum package to start services and/or hold the availability of the doula. For Day Services min package is 10 hours ($300.00/$350.00) Night Services min package is 24 hours of postpartum doula care, spread out over 3 nights($840.00/ $960.00). (Families who hire a doula after 9/1/17 will be required to pay the new rates listed below if contract and deposit are made before 9/1/17 will pay old rate for remainder of contract.)
Day support: $30.00 per hour, with a minimum of 3 hours per visit (Families who hire a doula after 9/1/17 rate goes up to $35.00 per hour)
Overnight support: $35.00 per hour, with a minimum of 8 hours per visit (Families who hire a doula after 9/1/17 rate goes up to $40.00 per hour)
First Week Home – Postpartum Package ($300/$350)
With this package, you receive ten hours of daytime postpartum care, set to the schedule that works best for you. If package is purchased before baby arrives you will have a 1 hour prenatal visit to connect before baby(s) arrive and three 3 hour visits to be scheduled anytime in the first three months.
Day Support – Postpartum Package ($600/$700)
Our Day Support Postpartum Package gives you twenty hours of postpartum doula care set to the schedule that works best for you. If package is purchased before baby arrives you will have a 1 hour prenatal visit to connect before baby(s) arrive and 19 hours to be scheduled anytime in the first three months.
Night Support – Postpartum Package ($840/$960)
Our Night Support Postpartum Package gives you twenty-four hours of postpartum doula care, spread out over three nights.
- Call our doula matchmaker, 503-766-3495 or Fill Out Our Free Consultation Form. Our doula matchmaker will personally assess your unique needs and help you find the right doula for you.
- Interview your potential postpartum doula. Consultations are free!
- Hire your doula by submitting your agreement, deposit and hiring paperwork to Doula Love, P.O. Box 83555 Portland, OR 97283.
- Enjoy working with your doula! We provide unlimited consultations and referrals from the time of hire through six weeks postpartum.
For more information and a complete list of all of our postpartum packages of if you have any questions, please contact us at 503-766-3495. Payment options include check, credit card, expense account reimbursement, and insurance coverage assistance (if your insurance covers doula support).
Payment plans for postpartum must be PAID IN FULL before start of services. If you need a payment plan, please contact the Doula Love Office at 503-766-3495.
Enter the text or HTML code here