One of the most challenging parts of adding a second child to your family is the worry and concern most families experience when thinking about who will care for their older child(ren) during labor and delivery.
Some families plan to include their older child(ren) in the birth process, while others want their older child(ren) to be separate from the process. Either way, having a solid, reliable person who understands the emotional needs of your child and who can be available at very short notice is very important to most families.
Some families are fortunate enough to have family or friends close by that they can count on to provide this for their family during this exciting time. But let’s be honest… Portland is a hub for people from all over the country, and all over the world. Not all families expecting a new addition will be able to count on a friend or family member for support.
This is why Doula Love offers a sibling support package. It provides a doula for your older kids! Doulas are trained to provide emotional support and are also available to provide that support with very short notice.
Sibling Support Services Include:
- One prenatal visit of up to two hours with the doula, you, and your child(ren) to build connection with and communicate routine, care needs, and comforts of your child(ren).
- 24 hour on-call availability during the 2 weeks prior to and 2 weeks after your due date (this time frame can be amended if alternate need is communicated when hiring your doula or earlier).
- Continuous hands-on and skilled childcare for your child(ren) in your home or at birth location during your labor and up to four hours after birth.
- Guaranteed back-up doula
Fees For Sibling Support Doula Services:
- $250.00 for prenatal visit and 24-hour on-call availability of doula from 38 weeks till birth (special on-call period arrangements can be made additional costs may occur) (If you contacted Doula Love and set up interviews before 8/9/17 for services we will honor past rates)
- $35.00 per hour of support provided by doula during birth and for up to 4 hours after birth
- The hourly cost of sibling support maxes out at $1,050, which equals 30 hours of care. You would pay no more than $1,300 ($250 + $1,050) even if you need more than 30 hours of care for birth and up to 4 hours after birth.
To receive more information, please fill out our Free Consult form.
“Wendy provided us sibling support doula service when we had our third child. When we met Wendy, we right away felt comforted with her compassionate presence and knew our children would be in good hands when it came time to have our baby. Our third baby came over a month early unexpectedly early in the morning and Wendy came right away to take over at our home caring for our children. Wendy continued to help us with the transition of bringing home our baby and has been someone we’ve kept in touch with. She has such a wealth of wisdom as a mom of three herself. I would highly recommend Wendy as an expert doula provider. ”
Enter the text or HTML code here