“Becoming a parent is the most amazing adventure any person can embark upon. Giving birth can be filled with fear and apprehension or be approached with confidence and support. As a doula, Wendy wishes all people could enter this time in their life with all the assurance and support necessary for a safe and healthy birth. Wendy believes that when parents have a positive birth experience it nourishes their confidence, thus creating a foundation for the new parents to flourish.”
Wendy’s Approach to Doula Work
As a DONA certified doula, Wendy’s goal is to provide physical, emotional and informational support to the birthing mother and her support team before, during and after birth. She has a true passion for providing support for the birthing person’s support team. Wendy believes when the laboring persons support team (husband, wife, partner, mother/father, mother-in-law, etc.) have their needs met, they are able to provide the birthing person with the highest level and most significant source of support. As a certified childbirth educator, Wendy is committed to providing the highest quality of evidence-based education to the families that she works with in order to ensure that they have all the information and tools necessary to make informed decisions and have the safest, most desirable birth possible.
As a Certified Lactation Counselor Wendy has assisted hundreds of people to promote a successful breastfeeding relationship. Wendy brings a calm, confident and supportive nature to all her work. She has a lot of experience working with hospital water birth, VBAC’s, physician/medical professional parents, single moms, high risk births and LGBTQ families along with her experience working with more traditional families and births.
Wendy has had the honor of studying under some of the most influential woman in birth today these include Penny Simkin, Ina May Gaskin, Amy Gilliland and Ruth Ancheta. These woman have shaped and guided Wendy’s work as doula and safe birth advocate. Wendy recognizes that the postpartum period can be just as challenging as the birth process. To help easy your transition in to parenthood Wendy offers postpartum doula support as well as Placenta Encapsulation all in the convenience of your home.
Wendy is the the mother of three amazing kids Taylor 19, Blaeith 14, and Sol 12. Her and her Partner of 20 years Shawn are currently moving into their next phase of life and are excited to launch a new arm of the Doula Love Family of companies in 2018! In her spare time you will find Wendy hanging out with her daughter, watching her sons play club baseball or working her year-round organic garden!
Wendy’s Other Offerings:
For Birth Professionals
- Birth Doula trainer with DONA International
- Childbirth Educator Trainer with ICEA
- Foundations of Lactation 101
- 1 year intensive mentorship for Doulas and Childbirth Educators
Certification, Training, & Education
- Associates of Science – Human Services
- DONA International Certified Birth Doula, CD(DONA)
- ICEA Certified Childbirth Educator, ICCE
- Certified Lactation Counselor – Academy of Lactation Policy and Practice, CLC
- Placenta Preparation Certification Course – Natural Healing Power of the Placenta
- DONA International Approved Birth Doula Trainer, BDT(DONA)
- ICEA Approved Trainer – Childbirth Education, IAT-CE
- Working with Diverse Populations in Maternal Child Health – Shafia Monroe of ICTC
- Maternal Child Health Specialist Program- JJ Method, MCH
- DONA International Postpartum Doula training
- Midwifery Assistant Workshop – The Farm Midwifery Center
- Birthing From Within Mentor and Doula Workshop
- Spinning Babies Workshop – Optimal Fetal Positioning
- Tens Unit Training – Big Belly Services
- Lactation Workshop for Healthcare Professionals – Luna Lactation
- Safe Passage: Supporting Survivors of Abuse through the transition to Parenting
Photos of Wendy in Action
“Wendy made a huge difference in our family. Because of her faith and support I was able to deliver my second child, by VBAC, drug free. Wendy lived over an hour away from us but communicated frequently by phone and in person. Wendy even came to our home and used dolls to demo childbirth for my 5-year old son. We are very grateful for Wendy and we wish her well.”
– Shelly M. (Mother)
“Wendy is nothing short of *amazing*! She absolutely surpassed my already high expectations of hiring a doula. I truly think Wendy has a sixth sense when it comes to helping woman (and their entire family) during pregnancy, birth, and postpartum period.”
– Barbara S.(Mother)
“I love Wendy’s doula services! She’s a walking encyclopedia of information and supportive of your birth choices! I couldn’t have done my 42 hour labor process without her!!”
– Laura M. (Mother)
“Wendy gave me the… strength and knowledge to trust my body, to relax and to focus on what I needed. She has been a huge support and has become a wonderful friend as well. I’m so happy to have had her a part of such an important part of my life….the birth of my healthy baby boy Carter. Thank you Wendy.”
– Meaghan S. (Mother)
For more information on Wendy check her out at Doula Match or fill out our free consult form to set up an interview. To find out more about training with Wendy as a DONA Birth Doula go to www.doulalove.net.
Enter the text or HTML code here